lördag 14 augusti 2010

All back to my place

I en tidigare inkarnation av den här bloggen gjorde jag en Vanity Fair-intervju med mig själv. (Varje nummer av VF avslutas med ett så kallat Proust Questionnaire med frågor av typen "What's your greatest fear?")

Eftersom bloggar handlar just om detta; navelskådande och självupptagenhet, så har jag beslutat mig för att göra ett nytt försök i genren. Denna gång intervjuar jag mig själv utifrån musiktidningen Mojos intervjuformat All back to my place, som har ett antal standardfrågor om musik.

För att det ska bli så Mojo-likt som möjligt görs det hela naturligtvis på engelska.

What music are you currently grooving to?
I have been listening to the Van Halen catalogue this week, hoping rumours of a 2011 tour and album are true. I can't really recommend any new music right now, everything seems very commercial, bland and meaningless.

What, if push comes to shove, is your all-time favourite album?
This is impossible to answer. I could name 150 favourite albums. But I guess if my house was on fire, and I didn't have my iPod loaded with all these albums, the one cd I would save is Kiss Alive! No, really.

What was the first record you ever bought? And where did you buy it?
A New World Record by The Electric Light Orchestra. I had been given records as birthday and Christmas gifts, but that's the first one I picked out myself, browsing in the Svala & Söderlund record store in Stockholm. I still love that album. I mean, what if my first album had been crap? I could have been totally turned off by music.

Which musician, other than yourself, have you ever wanted to be?
Here's where this questionnaire gets weird, since I'm not a musician. But I have still wanted to be musicians. Bruce Springsteen, of course. I mean, who wouldn't want to be that guy? Paul Stanley, of course. And I'll readily admit I have wanted to be Joni Mitchell. But not in the drag queen kind of sense. Just the fact that her music is so great that it positively drives me crazy. I want to understand exactly how her mind works, and it's a tragedy that I never will.

What do you sing in the shower?
Nothing. I rarely sing at all. I hum and maybe whistle. But not in the shower.

What is your favourite Saturday night record?
Early Joni Mitchell, the good stuff by Van Morrison and anything by John Holm, this really special Swedish singer-songwriter.

And your Sunday morning record?
Those three mentioned above work in the morning too. And the more depressing stuff by Mark Oliver Everett, a.k.a. E, and his group Eels.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar