torsdag 7 juni 2018

Maria McKees nya album närmar sig

Som bekant har Maria McKee haft ett nytt album på gång en tid och nu är det närmare än någonsin... 

I ett inlägg på Instagram skriver McKee om våndan av att stå inför lansering av inte bara albumet, utan också en film (från familjens eget bolag Shootist Films) där hon spelar huvudrollen.

"The thought of doing the requisite “monkey dance” in an attempt to let a vastly somnambulant 'public' know that someone needed to create something of catharsis to survive another day’s stroll along the ledge between absurdity and indifference, sends a shudder to my core and dredges up long buried nightmares."

Läs hela inlägget nedan:

I’ve had the most creatively productive few years of my life. It almost killed me but I’m exceedingly proud of the work I have to show for it. A tortuously demanding lead role in the latest @shootistfilms production and my first studio album in over a decade. And now, from where I sit as we prepare to launch two works of great personal expression into the world, I find myself questioning the merits of perceived achievement. As a great man (who is very close to me) recently said. “When you are at the end of your life, will achievement help?” The thought of doing the requisite “monkey dance” in an attempt to let a vastly somnambulant “public” know that someone needed to create something of catharsis to survive another day’s stroll along the ledge between absurdity and indifference, sends a shudder to my core and dredges up long buried nightmares. If it must be born into the world I prefer to render the process to a metaphysical design. One that I, as a person who operates both artistically and personally on a level outside, above and beyond the more grounded methods of application and communication, will trust. I will not, however, press the issue beyond what is comfortable for me and in doing so will not pose a threat to the ethics, both personally and artistically, by which the work is upheld. The work is the reward. I am indebted to it. All else is presumption and vanity.
Ett inlägg delat av Maria McKee (@thisismariamckee)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar